Grey Summer

/
0 Comments





I have loved getting out in the sun recently, it has been glorious and there is no better place to be than Cornwall. My wardrobe consists of a lot of dark colours, although I see no reason why these can't be worn in the summer too. I think 'grey summer' has become a big trend, most likely stemming from the awful summers Britain has had in the past. But even now it's glorious I enjoy wearing more simple colours with a darker floral as I feel it's more contrasting. Whenever I enter stores that use neons and crazy Aztec prints I find it far too overpowering whereas i would prefer to wear something more simple like this outfit. I wore this outfit for a day in the sun as the long t-shirt top was easy to wear yet the cut makes it quite different. I added a slight summer feel through the floral skirt yet still keeping it simple.

As it's been so nice I have been spending a lot of my time outside working on my fashion illustrations. I'm finding it a lot of fun so I decided to sketch my outfit again although slightly changing it to make a more interesting drawing. I hope you like it!

This is my 'grey summer' as you don't always have to go for the obvious when summer dressing. What does everyone think about dark clothing in summer? Let me know your thoughts. Rachael x 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.