Icon Series

/
0 Comments
Inspiration often comes in the form of the icons that we most admire. This prompted my new blog series- The Icon series. I love to sit and draw my favourite icons, it allows time to think about all the elements that make them so iconic. For my first post in this series I decided to look at two major icons Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld, who are both legendary for their dark sunglasses and cutting edge personalities.

For my illustrations of Anna Wintour I focused on her defining features such as her sharp cut bob and her dark sunglasses. An important area in picking which outfits of hers to draw was the emphasis on colour as she has said previously she will never wear all black. Here are my three illustrations of the classic that is Anna Wintour- 





Karl Lagerfeld has possibly the most iconic style of anyone around, he is known for that bright white hair, his strict tailored dark suits and those leather gloves, but who can forget those sunglasses. Alongside his witty personality this just about makes him the biggest inspiration to me and many others , which is why I couldn't resist drawing a collection of Karl's.







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.