Ellie Goulding Rocks out the Eden Sessions

/
0 Comments
Earlier this week I went to see Ellie Goulding at the Eden Sessions. It was an absolutely brilliant gig, and frankly I left feeling completely in awe (plus a little in love) with Ellie. It's not only her music that she has perfected though, she strut out on stage in a sheer bodysuit paired with a pair of black Doc Martens. She later referred to herself as though she were wearing cycling shorts, or that she looked like an elf. I adored the outfit so much that I did a sketch of her that you can find below!



Although it wasn't her incredible fashion sense that I went to see, it was her stunning voice. Many artists you see live you will find slightly disappointing as they aren't as good as their CD's, but Ellie Goulding is one artist whose recorded voice doesn't do her justice. There is something so unique about her voice that hearing it live just gives you goosebumps, I actually got these during her rendition of Your Song. It's a soft striking voice, yet she has huge power behind it that means she can carry an entire show just by herself. She played some of my favourite songs such as Goodness Gracious, Ritual, Stay Awake, Figure 8 and Anything Could Happen. Ellie declared the latter her happy song, and that she was so glad she wrote it. The crowd was then instructed to dance their most weirdest moves, which gave an incredible atmosphere.



But not only is Ellie one of the most amazing singers I have seen live, she also plays her guitar on stage, alongside having drums at the front of the stage and sampled her own voice. She is multi talented which makes her an incredible entertainer. Songs such as Guns and Horses which was played by her acoustically were just utterly beautiful, while she ended the gig rocking out on her guitar to Burn. The thing about Ellie Goulding is that not only is she an incredible performer, but she is a humble and sweet girl. This is how I left not just obsessed with her voice, but generally obsessed with her. Her presence on stage is cool, and I almost felt as if she was chatting to us all as if we were friends. There is something so touching about seeing her so humble on stage and shocked that people are still coming to her gigs. So if you want to see someone rock out, dance incredibly, sing like no-one else and be the most sweet girl you could imagine, then go watch Ellie Goulding live. I promise you wouldn't regret it, (although I can't take responsibility for obsession.)



All photos taken by me. 




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.